Sooke Apple Festival 2021
Time & Location
About the Event
Sooke’s 6th annual Apple Festival, a day celebrating the town’s agricultural heritage and distinctive apple varietals.
This year we are pleased to offer the following:
- Apple Identification
- Apple Sales
- Apple Pie Auction (auction begins ~1 p.m.)
- The Plant patch - a plant sale to benefit the Community Orchard (plant donations needed - click here)
Note: please bring Cash for Apple Sales, Pie Auction and Plant patch
- Community Marketplace including: Sasquatch Pizza Food Truck, Baking from Sookré Bread and Pastry, Farm produce from Greenerside Farm and From the Ground up Farmstead, Fresh Apple Juice Sales from Cast Iron Farm, Community Groups: OPSRRA and Transition Sooke, Orchard Mason Bee Book sales.
- Live Music from Gord Phillips & band
Important Note: Pets are not permitted at the event. The same is true for the Sunriver Community Gardens. Please leave your pets at home.
Want to volunteer? Be a part of Sooke’s Apple Festival. There are lots of ways to get involved... Fill out the volunteer sign-up form and we will be in touch with you. Thanks!
See a flyover of the 2015 Apple Festival, here!
Please be kind to our neighbours: The Sunriver Community Garden
- Do not touch or sample any of the plants or veggies growing in the gardens
- Keep children out of the garden plots
- Keep a safe distance (2m) from gardeners working on their plots or moving around the garden
- No Pets allowed past the garden gates, or within the Orchard.
Communicable Disease Plan
At the Apple Festival we will be observing the current Province of BC health regulations.
Health & Safety Protocols:
- Do not attend if you feel unwell or have symptoms of COVID-19
- Use the sanitization stations provided
- Masks (covering the nose & mouth are encouraged) - especially inside vendor tents
- Please respect the space of others and maintain a safe distance